Friday, February 21, 2014

K9 Kamp-Snow Search

We are stuck here in the snow and yuck so to bust out of our cabin fever we decided to participate in K9 Kamp this time around. It's being hosted by Peggy's Place, Slimdoggy and To Dog with Love and the theme this time around was Hide and Seek. We got out of the house to play a little game of Snow Search. First I threw a treat down where I knew she'd see it and told Dot to look for it. Then I started to throw down more than one at a time so it was more of a search mission. Dot really seemed to get into it once she knew there were treats under the snow! It was a lot of fun to watch her dig and hunt. And judging by the nub waggles, Dot had fun too!

11 comments:

  1. Good job Kamper Dot - great nose work, and good detection of the mailman's dog ;)
    Thanks for joining us for K9 Kamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for co-hosting, it was a great theme!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! Love it! :) That wiggle butt is going nuts, she must have really loved all those treats falling from the sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never really sure if she realized they were coming from me, I was being just that stealthy! I wonder if she goes outside and hopes for magic sky cookies still. :)

      Delete
  3. She was definitely having fun!! We did the snow search too, only with a ball. I'd like to try the treats too only our snow is so deep right now I think they'd get lost....lol. I had taken video too and you could see the wagging tails. I had issues with posting it though so had to give up and just share my photos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a ball is a great idea! We have some balls out in the yard from before it snowed, strange that no one has searched and found them yet!

      Delete
  4. Dot looks like she's enjoying herself! Mr. N is sad that the snow is gone, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all!

    Didn't your snoot freeze? and wasn't that a frozen treat?

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dot is impervious to snoot-freeze. Now, foot-freeze is a different story, she is a sissy about cold feet. :)

      Delete
  6. That looks like fun! A great way to use the nose! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brown Dawgs! One of our best dog friends raises Chessies!

      Delete